In October 2017 Advantages of Age was incorporated as a social enterprise and your membership will pay for:
- The support of 2 staff (one full, one part-time) to run the organization and to maintain the website, together with our vocal Facebook group of over 2.5k people
- Campaigning to end the negative portrayal of older people in the media through speaking engagements, events, workshops, PR and marketing
- Hosting and other software subscription services
In return, we can offer our premium members:
- A profile page on our membership directory to market your services to our growing audience and to the general public (and improve your Google ranking in the process)
- Discounts to AofA events and to those of our partners (currently mainly London-based, though aiming to branch out in 2018 to other cities/countries)
- Great discounts on selected products and services such as cinema tickets, clothing, food, health & wellbeing products and much more!
Premium membership starts at £4.99 per month or £49.99/year (a savings of nearly £10) with the first month FREE for both monthly and annual subscribers. At Advantages of Age we are passionate about our mission to bring together and to inspire older people as they age.
“Ultimately, if we are to manage population ageing well, we need to acknowledge the impact of the media and marketers on shaping perceptions of ageing, and strive to reform the way they view and portray people living in this multifaceted stage of life.”
Global Population Ageing: Peril or Promise? (Harvard University)