- This event has passed.
Advantages of Age 6 Month Business Academy
September 26 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm£199
The Advantages of Age Business Academy is a monthly meet up featuring an industry expert followed by an opportunity to network with your peers. This 6-month tested programme is aimed at those aged 50+ seeking to start their own businesses or for existing business owners. Mid-way through each month there will be a ‘Zoom’ session giving you a chance to feed back any challenges you may be having and for further advice.
Attendance at all six sessions is vital.
The aim of this light touch programme is to provide you with the skills needed to ensure the best chance of your business succeeding by providing you with access to industry experts as well as the support of those in similar circumstances to your own.
What do I get?
Alongside the 6 x in-person 3-hour group sessions, you will be given:
- Access to online resources to help your business grow
- 1/2 hour free coaching
- 4 x weekly phone call with ‘Mr. Accountability’ for one month
- Access to a private Facebook group with your peers so you can be part of a serious community of business owners and leaders
- Access to the recordings of the sessions, so if you can’t attend the odd session, you could listen to the audio.
- You become part of a new wave of business leaders.
Is this training worth the investment?
That’s ultimately up to you to decide. We think so for the following reasons:
- This training is a tried and tested approach. Yvonne has been running these sessions for thousands of people over the last 20 years and the feedback is always very positive. Suzanne is an experienced and successful entrepreneur.
- Business academies and training like this are often priced at thousands of pounds, so this is great value at around just £10/hour (3 hours face-to-face and 1 hour online training per month).
- You also get the opportunity to form friendships and network, and with the private Facebook group, continue to have support from each other for potentially years to come. The opportunity to network and learn from peers is invaluable. You’re not just doing a training – you’re joining a community.
- If you already have a business, then you’ll know that just one good idea or contact can easily pay many times over for this investment.
- As a business leader, you’ll be offered tools to enhance your communication, decision-making and a variety of leadership skills.
How are you able to offer all this value at this great price?
The reason we are able to offer this deal is because of the generosity of the Charing Cross Library who are able to offer us a space holding 60 participants at a fraction of what we would pay for another venue in Central London..
The programme will be broken down as follows.
Session 1: Discover and Developing Strategy (September 26)
Session 2: How to Build Your Confidence and a Brand Called You (October 17)
Session 3: Goal-Setting and Developing The Business Plan (November 21)
Session 4: Getting the Message Out: Social Media, Marketing and Sales. (December 19)
Session 5: Getting to Grips with Finance, Investment and Raising Money. (January 16)
Session 6: Pitch Event and Graduating Party: Always a lot of fun! (February 20)
Each session lasts around 3 hours with 1.5 hours of training, followed by group activities which build your networking skills. You will know everyone in the room by the end of the training.
There will be further resources and support available via the Advantages of Age Business Academy website and on Facebook. Sessions run on Wednesday every month at 3-6pm with the opportunity to socialise afterwards at the pub next door!
It is essential that you are available to attend all 6 three hour sessions to get the maximum benefit from the programme.
Lunch will not be provided but coffee/tea/water will be available free of charge.
Purchase of Yvonne’s book, ‘What’s the Difference that makes the Difference’ is necessary to complete the course and will be distributed at the first session at a cost of £15.
Spaces are limited.
Yvonne Fuchs founded The Branding Workshop in 2000 in order to bring corporate brand strategies to small and medium-sized businesses. She works with creatives and designers as a mentor and business adviser and is an energetic speaker on leadership, branding and creativity in commercial and social enterprises.Clients describe Yvonne as an insightful and astute adviser, being at turns challenging and provoking, while never ceasing to nurture and guide the individuals at the heart of each business or organisation.
Suzanne Noble has transitioned her career a number of times from TV producer to creator and distributor of an over-the-shoulder baby sling, running a Top 150 entertainment PR agency and, more recently a tech start-up for Londoners on a budget called Frugl. In 2016 she created the website Advantages of Age with co-founder Rose Rouse, a journalist, and author. The site’s aim is to challenge the media narrative around ageing and has been featured on Woman’s Hour, London Live, amongst others.